problem during fedora core 3 installation

aniruddha biswas aniruddha_recd at rediffmail.com
Fri May 13 18:35:34 UTC 2005

Dear members
I encountered the following problem when trying to install fedora core 3 in my PC.
After the keyboard selection menu a series of bugs appeared
such as
1.Assertion(sectors<=63) at disk_dos.c:490 in function probe_partition for geom() failed
2.Assertion ((c*heads+h)*sectors +s==a) at disk_dos.c:494 in function probe_partition for geom() failed
and some more bugs

I am a new user so I donot have any knowledge of how to sovle this problem
The configuration of my PC is
Intel Pentium III (1.13Ghz)
256 mb RAM
80 Gb Samsung hard drive (SP 0802N)

I have Windows 98 and XP running in my PC
Previously Red Hat 9.0 used to work fine when I had a 40 Gb hard drive

Kindly try to solve my problem

Yours sincerely
Aniruddha BIswas