failed to install rpm packages by Package Management with ISO file.

Tom zhaoh at cnic.cn
Wed May 18 08:58:08 UTC 2005

Hello,

    I have a problem when i install rpm packages in xwindow.

    I want to install some other rpm packages contained in Red Hat Enterprise AS3 install media, after I installed OS.

    For some reasons I have to use ISO files of Red Hat Enterprise AS3. The steps are as follows:
    1. I suceessfully created ISO files with mkisofs command.
    2. mount /tmp/Disk4.iso /mnt/cdrom
    3. I can change directory into /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/ and list rpm files. I can install these rpm files with rpm -ivh filename.rpm command.
    4. But when I logged into xwindow, and start Package Management application. I mounted the right iso file and chose some uninstalled packages to update. There popped a error meassage: Unable to access disk. I checked the /mnt/cdrom and the mounted file. It's ok! And I can install the rpm package by double clicking the rpm files in Konqueror of xwindow.

    I cannot figure out why I failed to install rpm packages by Package Management with ISO Install File. Any suggestion will be helpful.

Tom.