ndiswrapper problem

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Sun Nov 6 01:39:36 UTC 2005

I'm trying to get the built-in wireless working on my new HP Pavilion
zv6233nr laptop. This is an AMD Athalon based machine, so I'm using
FC4-64. Following the instructions on
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/Installation ,
here's some of the installation...

[harold at localhost sbin]$ ./ndiswrapper -l
Installed ndis drivers:
bcmwl5          driver present, hardware present
[harold at localhost sbin]$

[root at localhost sbin]# ./depmod -a
[root at localhost sbin]#

[root at localhost sbin]# ./modprobe ndiswrapper
[root at localhost sbin]#

Note that depmod did not return an error. The instructions say, regarding
modprobe

 If you get no error the driver should now be loaded. You can verify this
by checking system log produced by dmesg. If the driver is loaded
successfully, you should see a message in the system log

ndiswrapper version <version> loaded

I find nothing in /etc/dmesg, and it appears ndiswrapper was not loaded.
So, what am I doing wrong?

THANKS!

Harold

--