boot halts and restarts PC

Grant Allan grant at forum8.co.nz
Wed Nov 16 13:03:41 UTC 2005

hi,

still no joy after another grub-install.

i have (hopefully) attached 2 pictures of my boot-sector bytes.  one shows
current state (grub.gif) and the other shows what happens when i do FDISK
/MBR using a windows98 boot disk.  in both cases i get the same behaviour,
start-up just keeps rebooting the PC.

and in both cases i get normal boot-up happening if i boot off my
SystemRecoveryCD and then tell it to boot off disk1.

weird, huh?
grant