CCISS Smart Array 6i and Red Hat 9.0

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Oct 3 17:50:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 07:33 +0100, Matt O'Donovan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone ever installed red hat 9.0 on an HP Box with the Smart
> Array 6i SCSI controller? The CCISS driver loads on install but then
> reports that there are no drives on the system. I have searched for a
> week now fo a RH9 driver but to no avail. Its driving me mad!

Ooooo!  I'm not sure that ever worked right.  IIRC, the 6i is a newer
controller and the RH9 driver was fooled by it (it looked the same to
the OS, but didn't do things quite the same way).

> BTW is a Proliant DL360G4 - All suggestions gratefully received!

You might have better luck with FC1.  For sure, FC2/3/4 understand it.

-     Is that a buffer overflow or are you just happy to see me?     -