increase selection of OS time for dual boot ??

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Oct 5 17:34:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 21:46 +0530, Bharadwaj wrote:
> Firstly thankx you all for ur adivces,
>  I have one  more question,
>
>  I have installed Windows/LINUX  in my mechine,
>       By default windows is installing, to select between these two
> OS, system is giving  only 15 seconds,
>        I want to increase this default  time limit  how to increase
> the time limit ?

If you use the grub loader, edit /boot/grub/grub.conf and change the
"timeout=" value to however many seconds you want, e.g. "timeout=30"
for a 30 second timeout.

If you're using lilo, edit /etc/lilo.conf.  Note that the "timeout="
value in lilo is in TENTHS OF A SECOND, so to delay 30 seconds, use a
value of "300".  Don't forget to rerun /sbin/lilo after editing this
file (not necessary with grub).

-         It is better to have loved and lost.  Cheaper, too!        -