Problem of tcp wrapper

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Apr 11 07:55:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 11:02 +0800, fta7wmt at netvigator.com wrote:
> Hi All,
> I would like to ask tcp wrapper question
> if i need to set restriction of dovecot daemon, what is the name of daemon should i set in hosts.deny.

It's rather difficult to block it using host.allow or host.deny
primarily because it _is_ a daemon.  It's far easier to set up access
restrictions from iptables.

If you want to block access to dovecot's services, you must first
figure out _which_ of dovecot's services you want to block (it does
both IMAP and POP3).  You then put rules in iptables to block or permit
access.  The easiest way to set that up is to use
/usr/bin/system-config-securitylevel.

-         Microsoft Windows:  Proof that P.T. Barnum was right       -