Storage space partition

Nair, Murlidharan T mnair at iusb.edu
Thu Apr 13 13:49:24 UTC 2006

I have just completed the installation of Linux and configured the
storage array as RAID5. The total capacity of the storage is about
600Gb. I am trying to decide on the factors that I should consider when
partitioning it. I only have one server that is connect to my SAN.  The
main fact that I am trying to debate is what if the partition that I am
using to store my sql data runs out of space, will storing part of my
data on another partition decrease the performance? In which case is it
better to just leave it as one large partition?  I would appreciate you
any comments or suggestions..

Thanks ../Murli