printing to winme printer?

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Sun Dec 17 05:53:09 UTC 2006

On Sat, December 16, 2006 12:07 pm, Harold Hallikainen wrote:
> I've been struggling to print from my FC5 laptop to a Xerox M950 printer
> on a WINME machine with no luck. Tunning Smb4k, I can see the shared
> folders and printers, but cannot mount them. I'm now thinking of trying
> another approach. I'd like to make the winme machine an IPP Gateway so I
> can just print to it directly. It SEEMS there should be some open source
> softwae out there that I could install on the WINME machine, but I have
> not been able to find it.

You didn't say if anything is printing and the driver is not working, or if
you just can't get anything to print at all, good or bad. So, assuming you
can't get anything to print, here's my thought:

SMB printers don't need to be 'mounted' to be printed to. The most common
error is to not include the SMB-style device path in the settings. They should
look like:

//MEhost/prtqueue

HTH,

Karl

> Ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Harold
>
> --
> FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising
> opportunities available!

karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
    _/ _/       _/      _/    _/     ____________  _-\<._
   _/_/        _/      _/_/_/                     (_)/ (_)
  _/ _/       _/      _/           ......................
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
 the people who are evil, but because of the people who
 don't do anything about it.
 - Albert Einstein
---