dual boot install q

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sat Feb 4 22:54:52 UTC 2006

Greetings Graeme ,

Graeme Nichols wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>

> Good advice! Explore2fs is not recommended for writing from XP to ext2/3
> UNLESS you have thoroughly tested it according to the instructions on
> the explore2fs web site.

I have always felt quite uncomfortable with something like that . I mean
messing
an ext2 partition from XP or messing an NTFS partition under Linux  (
reading
an NTFS partition under Linux works fine ) but i don't want to know about
writing .
However, that said, it is a very handy utility
> for examining your linux disks from XP.

You mean that you try to verify the integrity of  an ext3 filesystem
from within Windows XP . Well personally i would prefer testing Windows
XP Partitions from Windows XP with say Norton Disk Doctor and
forcing an filesystem check upon next reboot for the root filesystem
for Linux .

  A 'must have' for Linux/XP dual  boot systems.

I would vote against that . I dual boot between Windows XP and Linux for
the
last 2,5 years and i never felt the need for such a thing

Kind Regards,
   Kostas