httpd and dovecot service start fails

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Sun Feb 5 05:43:02 UTC 2006

I'm installing FC4 on an old machine after having success on a new
machine. I did a new install (instead of update) and modified the same
configs I modified on the new machine. Here's the latest problem. This is
getting real close to working correctly!

If I do /sbin/service httpd restart or /sbin/service dovecot restart, the
restart fails (the stop fails too since they did not start properly during
boot). However, if I do /usr/sbin/httpd or /usr/sbin/dovecot , they both
seem to run fine. How can I find out what's going wrong during boot or
restart that's causing these to not run? I've looked in the httpd logs and
the messages log and found nothing.

THANKS!

Harold

--