No display with new monitor

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Sat Feb 11 20:59:00 UTC 2006

>> > I have just put a new monitor on my RHES 3.0 box. I have no
>> > display. I probably need to run system-config-display --reconfig but
>> > since I can't see anything, how? How do I get to the command line
>> > when the system is going through boot-up. TIA.
>>
>> http://www.rhil.net/docs/faq.html#x_fails

Just login and with no display, press CTRL-ALT - or CTRL-ALT + to change
video modes. When you get one that you can see, run system-config-display
--reconfig and go to work.

HTH

Karl

>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Bob McClure, Jr.             Bobcat Open Systems, Inc.
>> bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
>> The best things in life aren't things.

> --
> Regards,
> Pradeep
> +91 934294 8743

karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
    _/ _/       _/      _/    _/     ____________  _-\<._
   _/_/        _/      _/_/_/                     (_)/ (_)
  _/ _/       _/      _/           ......................
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
 -Ramsey Clark
---