Installation does not start....

tkobayas at indiana.edu tkobayas at indiana.edu
Tue Feb 14 23:23:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have migrated from WIN to LINUX just now and am trying to install RH
WS4 on my celeron 351 CPU machine. As I would like to see how 64 bit
redhat does for me, I downloaded and burned x86_64 iso images to 5 CDs.

When I try to install WS4, it does not start installation processes,
but instead, "ISOLINUX 3-11 ..." stays in black screen forever.... My
motherboard is built in with Intel's graphic 950. According to Intel,
this graphic chip is compatible with Linux.

Is there something I should have done to start installing? Even if it
starts, how can I install Intel's graphic driver so that I can enjoy
graphic installation? Should I go with linux text???

Sorry for stupidly fundamental questions..

Help appreciated in advance.

Taka