/dev/ttyUSB0

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Sat Feb 18 06:06:07 UTC 2006

I'm trying to set up a ppp connection through my cellphone. I'm using a
USB to EIA232 adapter on FC4_64. I can talk to the cellphone (send AT
commands, dial, etc.) from GtkTerm using /dev/ttyUSB0 when logged in as
root. As another user, I get permission denied.

Desktop/SystemSettings/Network lets me define a modem device on ports such
as  dev/ttyS0, etc., dev/modem, dev/tty|1, dev/input/ttyACM0, dev/ttyM0,
etc. But, no /dev/ttyUSB0.

So... what do I do to set up a ppp connection on my cellphone modem on
/dev/ttyUSB0?

THANKS!

Harold

--