Installing Enterprise WS4 on Dell XPS 400

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Feb 24 19:03:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 23:38 -0500, Wayne Happ wrote:
> I have had a number of problems getting RedHat WS 4.0 to install and run on
> my Dell XPS 400.
>
> The latest problem is the integrated network card. I downloaded the latest
> ISO images for WS4 EMT64. When I go through the install process it does not
> seem to find the network card period.
>
> Any ideas where to start looking?

We need to know what the network card is.  Can you do an "lspci -v" and
send us what it spews out for the "Ethernet" device?  Example:

[root at prophead ~]# lspci -v
<snip>
03:0a.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401 100Base-T (rev
01)
        Subsystem: GVC/BCM Advanced Research: Unknown device 2179
        Memory at dfdee000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
        Expansion ROM at bdc00000 [disabled] [size=128K]
<snip>

-                    I doubt, therefore I might be.                  -