11. Re[4]: Install RHEL 4 into IBM x346 (Milis)

manohara kn manoharakn at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 14:34:08 UTC 2006

hai

   This may not solution but what i had expirenced
just informing you

       i installed WINDOWS 2003 SERVER ON IBM E-SERVER
226 WITH RAID-1(FALUT TOLRENCE),First i booted from
IBM SERVER CD "SETUP AND INSTALLATION DRIVER
REPOSITORY" AS PER INSTURCTION GIVEN IN THE CD I
PROCEDED ,CREATE RAID1,THEN SELECTED OS AS WIN2003,
AND FINALLY INSERTED THE OS CD.

AFTER 2 OR 3 TIMES REBOOTING THE SERVER WAS READY.

YOU CAN DO ONE THING CHECK THE RIAD ADOPTER AND
DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER FROM CD GIVE TO YOU OR FROM THE
IBM SITE . COPY DOWNLOAD IMAGE FILE TO FLOPY ,AND
MANUALLY CREAT RAID BY PRESSING "CTRL + A "AT THE TIME
OF BOOTING IN THE SERVER . AFTER CREATING RIAD ,.

INSTALL THE LINUX OS WTIH DOWNLOADED FILE USRING "dd "
option

Why i am telling this is because in Device mangaer
list in my windows 2003  shows as following
SCSI AND RAID CONTROLLER AS
1.Adaptec AIC-7902B host raid driver
2.Adpatec AIC-7902B Ultra 320 scsi

so you my download Adaptec aic-7920B host driver for
linux, the driver my differ depedning on the module
series my ibm server series is  226