Install Issues ( No hard drives have been found you probably )

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jan 17 01:24:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 15:26 -0800, Biswajit Nayak wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have a problem when i am trying to install Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux ES 4 Update 2 (AMD64/Intel EM64T). I
> am getting the following message. Can anyone suggest
> where to get the proper drivers ?
>
> "No hard drives have been found you probably need to
> manually choose drivers for the installation to
> succed"
>
> My mother board is
> BIOSTAR TForce6100-939 Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100
>  Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
>
> My Hard Drive
>  Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380817AS 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB
>  Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
>
> CPU
> AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, 2.0 GHZ, 2000 mhz FSB
> 512 KB L2 Cache

You'll need to check the motherboard maker's website to see if they
have an RHEL SATA boot floppy.  AFAIK, that SATA controller is not
natively supported by RHEL4.  Without controller support, it can't
see your disks and you get that message.

-    If your broker is so damned smart...why is he still working?    -