MacBook Pro Running Linux using Parallels

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jul 5 23:09:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 18:38 -0400, Kunz, Christopher wrote:
> Thanks again. May I make a comment?

Certainly!

>  I have been working on a project which required purchasing and using new versions of several different types of software. I've had some issues along the way and getting help, or even responses from vendors, has been difficult. I have been quite pleased with your customer support, something that is sadly lacking in certain parts of the software industry.
>
> I'm looking forward to using FC5 and Red Hat products in the future.

Ah, but remember that those of us who contribute to the fedora-list and
redhat-install-list are _not_ Red Hat employees.  We're users, same as
you--although we probably have a bit more experience than you may have.

Just keep in mind that what we say and what you read on the lists is not
official Red Hat support policy.  While Red Hat provides the mailing
list servers and software that make the lists go, the content is
virtually all user-created--although the occasional Red Hatter does
chime in.  There's lots of us however, and we'll help you out as best we
can...we've all been right where you are now.  "Pay it forward" is the
motto, and the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask!

Welcome to the Linux family, Christopher!  Don't be shy!

- Treat each day as if it's your last...a lot of crying and whining  -
-      usually gets you what you want!              -- Sam Sledge    -