extra route -- now fixed

chuck lawrence celawrence at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 11 19:27:40 UTC 2006

rick sez...

> Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com>

>>Check for /etc/sysconfig/static-routes.  That file is not normally
>>necessary.

nothing there.

> Also look for /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-ethx files.

nothing there, either.

> "route delete -net www.xxx.yyy.zzz netmask aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd"

bingo.  success.  the centos man page said "route del", which didn't
work, instead of "route delete".

it's happy now, but I still wish I knew why the odd route was left over.
I'll reboot over the weekend to see if it returns.  still entertaining
clever ideas about how it got there.

many thanks...

--

  | charles e. lawrence | lawrence berkeley nat'l lab |

     "If the human body did patch management the way
      (companies do), we'd all be dead."

                www-eng.lbl.gov/~lawrence