hugemem? smp?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jul 21 19:13:58 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 10:02 -0700, Ron McKeever wrote:
> My 2 cents... I have seen if I don't use the noapic option, keventd takes up
> a lot of cpu.
> (on Redhat ES 3.0)

Yes, but that's a 2.4 kernel.  2.6 handles APICs better, and it may be
that your BIOS programs it wrong in the first place.  "noapic" forces
Linux to work around such issues.  Try updating your BIOS and trying
it without "noapic" and see how it works.

> Ron

-         Microsoft Windows:  Proof that P.T. Barnum was right       -