ipv6, fedora 5, how to get ipv4 NOT 6 up and running

tyche tyche at ica.net
Thu Jul 27 22:28:12 UTC 2006

think the subject header says it all. also, how to get grub
to pass init 3 when booting the machine would be helpful as
well.

my experience with fc 5 is bad from the get go. was
installed 2 days ago, and had to modify the inittab by hand
with knoppix to do anything with the comp.

reinstalled fc 5, (without x) and now still cant get to the
internet becuase of selinux.

redhat is unfortunately getting worse than ms with what it
allows and disallows.

this was written from my laptop with (yuck) 98

tia

tyche