Red Hat Installation

carlos Perez carleto27 at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 17 15:25:01 UTC 2006

R,

  thank  4 your reply.

  yeas it boots

Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:
  On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 09:42 -0400, carlos Perez wrote:
> Does anybody know?
>
> I just installed RH server and after the installation is done got the
> following error
>
> PCI_IDE UNKNOWN CONTROLLER PCI .... yadah yadah....
>
> I have a DELL DIMENSION 4550 with 2 NICs cars.. 1 onbord, 1 extra one
>
> If I disabled the NIC onboard in BIOS will this fix my issue? or do I
> have to reinstall RED HAT?

It's complaining about an unknown IDE controller, not a NIC.

Does the machine boot at all?

- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer rstevens at vitalstream.com -
- VitalStream, Inc. http://www.vitalstream.com -
- -
- UNIX is actually quite user friendly. The problem is that it's -
- just very picky of who its friends are! -
redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com