Email Help

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 14:54:24 UTC 2006

On 6/24/06, brad.mugleston at comcast.net <brad.mugleston at comcast.net> wrote:
<SNIP>

> One thing I just thought of - are there any NEW settings on the
> server to allow Outlook connect to dovecot - do I have to share a
> drive or something?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

Sorry Brad - I've never even heard of dovecot. It is a Linux program, correct?

Since this is a new XP machine and an existing Linux box it would seem
that mostly the config issues should be on the XP side, I would have
guessed. The only thing that springs to mind would be:

1) If the new XP machine is at a different IP address than the old one
then maybe dovecot of Linux needs to be informed of that.

2) If, for security reasons, dovecot or Linux was using the MAC
address of the NIC in your old XP machine then the new machine's MAC
address might be throwing dovecot/Linux off.

Beyond that I suppose (AS ALWAYS!) ;-) that we'll need to wait for
Rick, Karl or one of the other gurus to show up. This is way above my
pay grade already.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Cheers,
Mark