install Fedora Core 3 --- sata problem

jason zeng jason388600 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 27 18:10:53 UTC 2006

Hello,
  I install FC3 and encounted problem. the system prompt that: No hard  drives have been found. You probably need to manually choose device  drivers for the installation to succeed.

  I click "Yes" and try many SATA drivers on FC3 CD disc 1 but  failed.when I make partition, automatically or manually , prompt:An  error has occured -- No valid devices were found on which to create new  file systems. please chech your hardwere for the cause of this problem.  Then reboot.

  The mainboard is Asus P5LD2-VM,
   Cpu: Intel  Pentium  D,
   Memory : DDR2  1Gbytes,
  Netcard:Intel Gigabit LAN controller,
  VGA:Intel Graphics Media  Accelerator 950,
  Storage:Intel ICH7 southBridge support: 1 Ultra DMA 100/66/33,4 Serial  ATA 3Gb/s ports, ITE IDE controller support: 1 Ultra DMA 133/100

  The Bios configuration:
  Third IDE Master:[WD1600JS-08MHB]
  Device: Hard Disk
  Vendor:WDC WD1600JS-08MHB0
  Size:160.0Gbytes
  LBA Mode:Supported
  Block Mode: 16 sectors
  PIO Mode:4
  Asu\ync DMA:Multiword DMA-2
  Ultra DMA: Ultra DMA-6
  SMART Monitoring: Supported
  Type:[Auto]
  LBA/Large Mode [Auto]
  Block (Multi-sector Tanster) M [Auto]
  32 Bit Data Transfer [Enable]

  IDE Configuration:
  Configure SATA as [Standard IDE]
  Onboard IDE Operator Mode: [Enhanced Mode]
       Enhanced M<ode Support ON [S-ATA]
  IDE Detect Time Out (sec): [35]
  the last part changed to [Compatible Mode],[S-ATA+P-ATA] still has problem.

  Any thing I can do?Any suggestion to give me? Help me! Thanks a lot.

  Best Regards,
  Jason