Palm Question

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Thu Mar 2 05:57:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, March 1, 2006 4:58 pm, Bob McClure Jr said:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 04:29:14PM -0700, karlp at ourldsfamily.com wrote:
>> I use a Palm Tungsten T5 and can sync to Ubuntu fine. Once I get it
>> syncing
>> to FC4, I'll be good to go (again; older model on serial worked fine), but
>> I'm curious if any of you Linux Palm-ites use Documents2Go and don't feel
>> very productive without it. I'm curious if there's a Linux solution
>> comparable to Docs2Go. I don't want the graphics parts. All I really want
>> is
>> a spreadsheet, text editor and presentations-like app.
>
> How about OpenOffice?  Or do I misunderstand the question?

I use OpenOffice on the desktop, but it doesn't run on the Palm. Docs2Go
does, and on Windows there's a conduit that converts the documents into
native MS or WP format. I'm looking for something in the Linux world that
would 'plugin' to J-Pilot, specifically.

Karl

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Karl
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Bob McClure, Jr.             Bobcat Open Systems, Inc.
> bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
> The best things in life aren't things.

karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
    _/ _/       _/      _/    _/     ____________  _-\<._
   _/_/        _/      _/_/_/                     (_)/ (_)
  _/ _/       _/      _/           ......................
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
 -Ramsey Clark
---