Mozilla web Browser not working

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Mar 2 17:33:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 01:52 +0200, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> Greetings koteswararao ,
>
> koteswararao vepuri wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    Mozilla browser on my Linux used to work. Now when
> > I open it is opening an alert window with no messages
> > in it. I am not seeing any error messages in
> > /var/log/messages also.

You probably won't.  What does the alert window specifically say?  Could
you possibly have another copy of Mozilla running under the same user?
Ideally, open a console window and as root try:

	# killall -9 mozilla-bin

That will kill any running Mozillas that may be hidden.  Then try
starting it again.

> > Vesrion ES 3
>
> Version Enterprise Server 3  ? , the last time i recall
> Enterprise was NCC -1701 E ?  :))

Har!

> Seriously now  are you running a version
> of Redhat Linux with a 2.6 kernel ?

For everyone's info, Red Hat Enterprise V2.1 (ES2.1 and AS2.1) were
based on Red Hat Linux 7.2 with a 2.4 kernel.  ES/AS/WS/DT3 are all
based on Fedora Core 1 and run a 2.4 kernel.  ES/AS/WS/DT4 are based on
Fedora Core 3 and run a 2.6 kernel.

-                   To err is human, to moo bovine.                  -