Sharing Printer

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 23:59:16 UTC 2006

I've got SAMBA set up on my Linux computer and my son is over and
he needs to connet his XP notebook to the network to print on my
printer.

XP is all messed up, it's nothing like anything I've played with
before and I can't seem to get it to even find my printer or any
of my shared drives.  I was able to figure out how to set up a
workgroup on his computer that matched the one on my Linux
machine (same as the other windows computers use).

He is getting on the wireless network in the house and that part
works OK.

Anyway, how does an XP connect to my Linux drives and printer.

Thanks

Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.