Clustering RHEL 4 with EXP400

Jan-Frode Myklebust mykleb at no.ibm.com
Wed Mar 8 09:11:57 UTC 2006

On 2006-03-08, Milis <milis at ogs-id.com> wrote:

> does any one here have experince to cluster RHEL 4  with 2 IBM x346
> and 1 EXP 400,

I've clustered RHEL3 with 2x Dell PowerEdge 2650/ServeRAID 6M and
1 EXP400.  This was an active/passive cluster, using the ServeRAID's
hardware fencing to prevent more than one node from accessing the
volumes on the EXP400. x346+RHEL4 shouldn't be any difference.

Now, I'm not much familiar with Oracle10g On Rac, but is it really an
active/passive solution you want there? AFAIK you can't have both
nodes active against the volumes on the EXP400 at the same time.

> I've been success install IBM X346 with Raid 1 option on RHEL 4, but I
> really confuse what next to do to show up cluster on EXP400 (whether I
> have no driver for this device to share storage)

  -jf