Core 4 Install Problems

Albert A. Hocking III albertahocking at jasnetworks.net
Thu Mar 9 01:13:10 UTC 2006

Ok......I think what your confused on is design of my board.........its a
wierd gigabyte thing.......

On board there are only two controlers......one IDE and one RAID.......it
use to be that they made them in pairs but that is no longer the case....

I have been playing to see if I can get this to load and its already proven
to be too much for microsoft so i'm gonna have to pull every thing out and
set them all up the old fashioned way....Meaning putting one CD and one HD
on the only IDE and then loading that way and then controling it through the
bois for booting.....

the part I was talking about with the cables is a development that I have
noticed as of late but its because of where i'm placing my drives.......I
have an old Aopen full tower, which 4 HD bays are in the top back, floppy on
top front, 5 bays in the front and three underneath in front........what i'm
running into is that for some companies to save money are providing smaller
IDE cables......by like an inch or two........but when I run 2 drives off
the same cable and then put them in the bays in the rear above the power
suppily......those couple of inchs make all the difference in the
world......