ipop3d

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Wed Mar 8 22:30:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, March 8, 2006 2:32 pm, Dan Doucette said:
> Hello,
>
> Been a while, enjoy this list very much!
>
> Using RH9
>
> I'm having an issue with authentication via ipop3d, seems to take about
> 30-60 seconds for the user to authenticate and get mail. I found a few
> messages in the RH archive about the passwd file and users at the bottom
> taking longer to authenticate versus users at the beginning of the file
> taking less, this is true in my situation. The passwd file is 228 lines
> which I'm assuming is not as large as some others. With myself being at the
> top apparently I have not noticed. As an example a user who was just added
> and shows up at the bottom of this file is taking well over 30 seconds to
> authenticate. With that said does anyone have any ideas or solutions?

No real ideas, other than how about moving your ID to the bottom of the list
and then running a timed test... It would at least verify what you are
suspecting.

Karl

> I have investigated DNS and confirmed reverse lookups and things on that
> nature, all of which appear to functioning properly.
>
> TIA,
> Dan

karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
    _/ _/       _/      _/    _/     ____________  _-\<._
   _/_/        _/      _/_/_/                     (_)/ (_)
  _/ _/       _/      _/           ......................
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
 -Ramsey Clark
---