Em64T celeron

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Mar 9 01:13:08 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 18:41 -0500, Takatsugu Kobayashi wrote:
> Sorry again,
>
> My screen is showing
>
> ISOLINUX 3.08 2005-05-19
>
> and I cannot see "boot:".... Do I have to install a boot loader
> separately? Sorry for this newbie question. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> My system is
>
> Celeron 351 EM64T 3.20
> Intel 945GPTL
> Intel Graphic 900
> 1GB PQI 5400 DDR2 RAM
> ATA100 120GB HDD Seagate
> Samsung 173V Syncmaster LCD
> SoundBlaster 5.1 Live

I don't think you're doing anything wrong.  The ISOLINUX thing is the
very first thing displayed when the CD boots.  After a while, you should
be shown the installation screen.  The "boot:" prompt should be at the
bottom of that screen.

If the system hangs before you're shown the installation screen, you
have more serious issues.  In that case, I'd download something called
the "Ultimate Boot CD" (http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/), burn it to a
CD and run some of the diagnostics on that--especially the memory tests.

-     If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...     -
-              ...oh, wait.  He does.  THAT explains it!             -