Modem Server

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Mon May 8 18:03:54 UTC 2006

I have a MTRouter Multitech RASfinder with 3 builtin modems... I use it for
employees who need a modem. I have to install a client on their computer that
jerry-rigs a bogus com port to use an IP port 599 socket connection to the
modem so they can dial out with pcAnywhere.

I'd like to dump the annoying little monster and wonder if anyone has setup a
modem server on an i386 linux box.

TIA,

--
karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
 -Ramsey Clark
---