USB Storage support to Thin Clients.

davut dakcicek at comu.edu.tr
Thu May 11 20:18:18 UTC 2006

Thanks for reply. I have HPT5525 Thin
Client(http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/12454-321959-89307-338927-89307-500797.html).
Linux 2.4 running on it, and  XFCE 3.X Desktop Manager running on it.
Unfortunately, XFCE hasn't a dropdown menu or secondary window about
local devices or USB disk.

On thin client's OS without connect to server's X server, When I plugged
the USB disk to thin client, I tried as a root user #mount /dev/sda1
/mnt/usb but got an error that "/dev/sda1 not found". There isn't sda
device at system. So, I couldn't use USB disk via mount it on console.
Then, I connect to the server's X server.  I plugged USB disk to thin
client, but I could not see /dev/sda on system(on server). What can I do?

Thanks
Davut

Rick Stevens yazmış: