Mailx

Han Tin htin at jcm-american.com
Wed May 17 17:42:49 UTC 2006

Mailx -s "TEST" <e-mail address>

-bash: mailx: command not found
Why. PATH ?

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Bob McClure
Jr
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 10:24 AM
To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux
Subject: Re: New RHL learner

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:05:50AM -0700, Han Tin wrote:

> No help for my request of  java -version "1.4.2" --- It's okay.
>
> Another help request.
> I would like mailx in action.

I don't understand.

>  -rw-r--r--  1 root root 20652 Aug 25  2004 mailx.1p.gz In
> /usr/share/man/man1p folder. Do I need to uncompress this or what do I

> need to do.

That is the "man" (manual) page for mailx.  It should remain compressed.
When you want to look at the man page using "man mailx"
it will be uncompressed and displayed on the fly.

> Or what shall I look for.
> Thanks in advance.

If you want to run mailx, you just run it from the command line or from
a script.  "man mailx" for more details.

Perhaps you should tell us what you want to do with it.

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
Jesus wasn't (and isn't) politically correct.
Send complaints to root at universe.gov.

redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com