problem installing fedora core 4 from USB DVD

Sánchez Pérez, Gustavo gsperez at aena.es
Thu May 25 07:06:51 UTC 2006

Hello all,

	I'm using a laptot (Acer aspire 1355LM), which has an internal DVD (pionner). This DVD is broken so I have to do the installation from an external USB NEC DVD-RW.

	The installation process starts without problems from that, I can see the boot screen, press intro and kernel boots up. I can see a text message "Loading ohci1394 driver", after that I have to select a language, after that I select keyboard type and here comes the problem, installation request me to select "the installation method", obviously I select CD/DVD  and installation program says "CD not found".

	It is trying to find the DVD into the broken pionner DVD (a message "trying to mount /dev/hdc" can be seen in one of the messages screens ALT+F3) and I don`t know how to make it to look for DVD in external  NEC DVD.

	I've tried to boot in expert mode,
		boot: expert

	but I couldn`t find a command shell anywhere. I've also tried to load usbcore and/or usb_storage at booting time with module=usbcore module=usb_storage but it didn't work.

	Any ideas??

	Thanks a lot.

	Gustavo.

Advertencia / Confidentiality Notice

Este envío es confidencial y está destinado únicamente a la persona a la que ha sido enviado. Puede contener información privada y confidencial. Si usted no es el destinatario al que ha sido remitida, no puede copiarla, distribuirla ni emprender con ella ningún tipo de acción. Si cree que lo ha recibido por error, por favor, notifíquelo al remitente.

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you believe that you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender.

Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegación Aérea