RPM installation via http

redhat at buglecreek.com redhat at buglecreek.com
Wed Sep 6 17:36:25 UTC 2006

Is anyone aware of a way to install multiple rpm packages via a http
server on a local lan.  For example, two systems running the same
version of redhat os. One server has apache running on it and has all
the packages in /var/www/html/up2date/ via a sym link to
/var/spool/up2date.  When I try to do rpm -Fvh
http://192.168.100.2/up2date/*.rpm I get the following error: "error:
File not found by glob: http://192.168.100.2/up2date/*.rpm"  When I try
this with a specific rpm package name it works fine.  When I connect a
browser to the http server all the packages are there.  I know I could
use a nfs mount to accomplish this, but would like to do this via http
if possible.  We have all the entitlements to cover the various boxes,
but due to bandwidth issues at field offices it would be nice to be able
to share these updates between like boxes on local lans without having
to hit rhn or
our HQ rhn proxy.