FC6 freezing

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Thu Apr 12 00:58:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 15:48 -0400, jim ruxton wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone has any pointers for me. I was having trouble
> in FC5 with my system freezing so I decided to upgrade to FC6. For a few
> days everything seemed rock solid but now my system seems to freeze
> again approx. once a day. I haven't been able to gather anything useful
> from logs. Maybe the initial FC6 was ok but doing system upgrades has
> something unstable into the system again? I did a memory test and my RAM
> seems ok. Any thoughts as to how I can get to a solution of this.

Just for giggles, try disabling the screen saver.  There are more than a
few that can cause issues with various X drivers--especially if you're
using the nVidia drivers.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-     Veni, Vidi, VISA:  I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.     -