Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 4 Update 1 (AMD64/Intel EM64T)

Mansour Mohammed mansoore at nesma.net.sa
Sun Feb 4 21:13:57 UTC 2007

Dear All,

How to install RHEL4 update1 on SAS drive?

We have DELL PE1955 plade servers, which has SAS HD.
We need to install Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 4 Update 1 (AMD64/Intel
EM64T) which is NOT supported by DELL
OpenManage Server Assistant tool; that contains SAS driver.
So I have to go with RedHat CDs. I downloaded the SAS driver and I have it
over a CD.

I search in RHN knowledgebase but nothing.

-Is there any kernel parameter that i can pass while installation?
I tried while installation.
1-[# Linux dd updates],
2- I got prompt for any existing Disk Driver.
3- I force it to go for the CDROM.
4- prompt "no driver found, insert disk driver"

Your help will appreciate

Thanks