YUM Errors !!

mylar micros50 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 17 22:11:43 UTC 2007

Hello, I recently installed FC6 on my machine to replace an aging
version of FC1. Thus far everything has gone well and I am very pleased
with the performance of FC6 as well as it's many improvements over FC1.
Quite naturally I have been using yum to perform package updates as well
as to install additional packages that I need for my day to day work.

That said I have recently run into a little problem when doing
installations and updates with yum. The installation or update works
fine, the proper packages get updated and/or installed but, I am also
getting a bunch of error messages spit out at the end of each run if
yum.

The error message states:

"db4 error(-30987) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested
page not found."
error:error:(-30897) getting "" records from Requireversion index".

Okay, anyone know what this means. The package or update gets done fine
but this message gets spit out a dozen times or more. Someone told me
that the rpm database is probably corrupt and that I should run "rpm
--rebuilddb". Any ideas if this will work ??

Any help appreciated... Thanks.

mylar

--
mylar <micros50 at verizon.net>