How to transfer whole linux box

Alok Pandey alok.rhct at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 09:40:39 UTC 2007

Hi Troubleshooters,
I am almost confuse to how to make start. I want to shift my linux
server to a branded new machine as the old one was rented and now i have
my own desktop.
I am really confuse how to proceed as
-- will i first install linux on new machine and then step by step
,reconfigure all the services i.e (local dns, dhcp, nis, wikki,
bugzilla, plone ,etc) ( if it's the right way , i will really be a big
pain :'( ) or;
-- I can took off the hard drive from the older one and attached it to
new machine (but their will be lot of compatibility issue, ) or,
-- I can install linux on new machine and COPY whole "/" from old one .

I hope the above info will be sufficient for you to understand my problem.
Plz show me a light ,as all around is dark

Thanks and regards to every one
alok (newbie)