Uncompress .Z files

Leslie Jordan ljordan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:05:55 UTC 2007

I need to uncompress a .Z file, and realize I need to install a package. I
can not seem to find the right package to install online and a lot of
download sites give me a 505 error when I try to download a package. I am
running Red Hat 5.2.1.

I have tried installing the following packages and neither have worked:
ncompress-4.2.4-15.src.rpm
ncompress-4.2.4-9.src.rpm

I used the command
rpm -i <package_file>
This seems to install this package ncompress-4.2.4-15.src.rpm, but I can
still not use 'uncompress' or locate the command on my system.
The second package fails completely.
rpm -i <package_file> is all I have to do right?

Does anyone have any idea what the right package for me to install is and
where I can find a working link to it?

Thanks!
Leslie