"Unable to find devices of the type needed for this installation type."

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Mon Mar 19 20:17:22 UTC 2007

> You might want to yet reburning your CDs. I ran into this same problem,
and a reburn fixed it for me. I was using the older model VAIO though.
If your burn was bad then those sections with driver data can be
corrupted.

> Raab
>

> BlackBerry service provided by Nextel

CD-ROM drive. The CD boots, and I can start going through the
> installation. After telling the installer I want to install from CD, it
says "Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this
installation type. Would you like to manually select your driver or use
a driver disk?" The devices I expect it needs to find are the CD and the
hard drive. It has apparently found the CD, since that's where it is
booting from. If I say "use driver disk," it lets me look at /dev/hda1
or /dev/hda5, so it appears it can find the hard drive. Any idea what
device it cannot find, or what I do to continue the install? If I say
"select driver," the listed drivers COULD be for either the CD or hard
drive (drivers like
> usb-storage, aacraid, etc.).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Harold

Thanks! I ran a media check on another machine (the one I burned the CDs
on). I'll try it on the machine I'm trying to load it on. I'll assume that
if it passes the media check, the CDs are ok. Does that sound right?

THANKS!

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising