how do I access gnome/kde desktop from windows

Richard Riley rriley at procuri.com
Wed May 30 17:25:32 UTC 2007

There are a number of free Xserver packages for windows.  The two I have used are cygwin/x and xfree86.  Either of these will work great with your Linux box.  You need to make sure the Linux box has the xinitrc and xterm packages installed.  These are standard RedHat Linux packages and can be installed remotely with up2date.  You mention the Linux box is remote and if you don't already have it, get "putty" (also free) for it's "ssh" tool for secure remote access.

Richard