Re: NFS File Locking

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 09:27 -0800, Waldher, Travis R wrote:
> Is there a command I can use to manually lock a file?
>

> My goal is to test NFS file locking with groups greater than 16.

I don't know of one, but it wouldn't be hard to write.  You'd need to
open the file, lock it via fcntl() (flock() does not work over NFS) and
hold the lock until not needed.

Remember that if the program exits, the lock would be released.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens internap com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-     Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.      -