RHEL5 and it's bonding driver

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Tue Oct 16 16:30:15 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 22:52 -0700, Waldher, Travis R wrote:
> I had a server (test asset) running pure RHEL4.  Everything was
> running the way it should, including the bonding driver.
>

> I upgraded RHEL4 to RHEL5, it went off on autopilot and did it all for
> me.  Well, the bonding module is MIA.  /etc/modprobe.conf is set
> appropriately, but lsmod doesn’t show a bonding driver and I can’t
> find the bonding.o to install the module.

The driver should be:

	/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/net/bonding/bonding.ko

The format for the bonding mechanism is a bit different I believe, so
make sure you read the README file.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-      Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.       -