can't iconify windows?

chuck lawrence celawrence at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 5 22:17:17 UTC 2007

hi,

I recently built a centos 4 system (since upgraded to centos 5) on an
old ibm 1.6ghz p4.

most everything went well, but I am unable to see any icons once I've
iconified any windows, browser, terminal, game, openoffice, etc.  I
haven't checked carefully, but I think whatever is in the window dies
when I click minimize.  in any event, I click minimize and the window
disappears from view.

I hoped my 4.0 -> 5.0 upgrade (cited above) would fix it, but no.

grateful for any insight....

--

  | charles e. lawrence | lawrence berkeley nat'l lab |

              www-eng.lbl.gov/~celawrence