Missing Freshclam after upgrade to clamav-0.90.3-1.fc7

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Sun Sep 16 06:07:10 UTC 2007

I've always upgraded manually, so have to install FreshClam, too.

Karl

On Fri, September 14, 2007 10:51 pm, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have just updated to the above version of clamav using yum.
>
> All went well and the package was installed as you can see.
>
> [graeme at barney ~]$ rpm -qi clamav
> Name        : clamav                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 0.90.3                            Vendor: Fedora Project
> Release     : 1.fc7                         Build Date: Sun 24 Jun 2007
> 21:04:06 EST
> Install Date: Sat 01 Sep 2007 10:25:32 EST      Build Host:
> xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com
> Group       : Applications/File             Source RPM:
> clamav-0.90.3-1.fc7.src.rpm
> Size        : 1075051                          License: GPL
> Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Fri 20 Jul 2007 01:35:58 EST, Key ID
> b44269d04f2a6fd2
> Packager    : Fedora Project
> URL         : http://www.clamav.net
> Summary     : End-user tools for the Clam Antivirus scanner
> Description :
> Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for UNIX. The main purpose of this
> software is the integration with mail servers (attachment scanning). The
> package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command
> line scanner, and a tool for automatic updating via Internet. The programs
> are based on a shared library distributed with the Clam AntiVirus package,
> which you can use with your own software. The virus database is based on
> the virus database from OpenAntiVirus, but contains additional signatures
> (including signatures for popular polymorphic viruses, too) and is KEPT UP
> TO DATE.
> [graeme at barney ~]$
>
> However it appears to be only some of the clamav utilities. Freshclam is
> missing completely.
>
> Has anyone had a similar problem?
>
> --
> Kind Regards,
>
> Graeme.

Karl L. Pearson
karlp at ourldsfamily.com
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
 the people who are evil, but because of the people who
 don't do anything about it.
 - Albert Einstein
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---