How to install Fedora from usb memory stick

Rudhir Upretee r.upretee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:34:04 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I used to install Fedora directly from CD or DVD media. But recently my
CDROM stopped working. So I want to install fedora from a usb stick (just
like we install fedora from a CD). My laptop's BIOS supports booting from
usb device.

Can anybody point me to the right direction. I saw one article in the web
about installing UBUNTU linux from usb stick.

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-from-usb-stick.html

But I guess the steps are different for fedora core installation. Right?

Regards,
Rudhir