PHP broke

Jeff Hogg tastin at catchnet.net
Wed Feb 13 16:59:56 UTC 2008

Mark Corsi wrote:
> Hey Guys -
>
> I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x.
>
> I have been doing a lot of development on a testing box for transfer over to
> our live server. I am not sure what step 'broke' the box, but I can no
> longer get php to function through the webserver.
>
> A simple php page with:
>
> <?php phpinfo(); ?>
>
> Produces the following error in the log file:
>
> [Wed Feb 13 11:18:48 2008] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
>

> Does anyone know what might be broken here? PHP is installed and runs from
> the command line.

Hey Mark,

    Sounds like something overwrote the configuration files for Apache.
  The error seems to show that the web server doesn't have a correctly
worded configuration entry for the php engine.  Just take a quick look
to see if it has been commented out during an upgrade or other
installation.  Hope this helps.

--
Jeff Hogg
System Admin.