Upgrading Servers

Mark Corsi mcorsi at spearreport.com
Fri Feb 22 13:57:17 UTC 2008

Hey Guys -

I have an old Red Hat 7.3 server that runs out website. The website is a bit
involved with apache 1.3, mysql 3.x, php 4.x and xml/xsl.

I have had the hosting facility set up a new server with Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 5.x, apache 2.x, php 5.x, mysql 5.x.

Does anyone know of a guide for upgrading Red Hat  to a new server? (ie
steps to take, files to transfer etc...) I already know about the issues
involved with upgrading mysql 3.x to mysql 5.x (some 'normal' column names
are now reserved words in mysql 5.x). and I am sure I will run into other
specific issues, but I am looking for a generic guide that I can use as a
roadmap.

Thanks -